Podcast Masterclass With Vernaire Bass, Ryan Nile and special guest Dalia Diaz

Morning Afternoon, Evening. You are here with the pink lip brown skin kid, Shaun Flores, you must know me by now with my blog “Bull in a china shop”.  Today I am here to tell the story of the masterclass we had with the creators of the podcast Vernaire Bass and Ryan Nile with the special guest Dalia Dias. Vernaire Bass and Ryan Nile the creators of the “For the creator's podcast” titled this as a podcast that is entertaining, educational and motivational that explores the various minds behind all the creative things we love. Their masterclass was showing us how to market our podcasts.

We had the honour of practising interviewing skills on a podcast platform with the fantastic Daliah Diaz, creative director, photographer and filmmaker. Dalia has worked with the amazing and newly reinvented Tyga , the iconic Stormzy, Wretch 32 and countless other artists.  Listen in we are locked in right now with the Culture Stream podcast.

Dalia is a beautiful sister with her all beauty and its firstly wonderful to see black women doing so well, but also taking the time to give us back something that allows us to grow as young people. 





To give a background check for Dalia Dias, she grew up in north London Tottenham, she has been in the media industry for 8 years. Growing up she discovered her passion and has chased it ever since.  She spoke of female empowerment and changing the narrative beyond the over-sexualisation of black women. Immediately this caught my attention. My intellectual hairs in my brain stood on edge. It was time to get stuck in with my interview.

My interview questions were as follows

1)    You spoke of female empowerment, so I am wondering what type of feminism do you subscribe to and why?
2)    You said you want to change the narrative in music videos, how much of this are you able to influence?
3)    You seem to have to come out of what J Cole, defined as small-town mentality how have you grown to such an international reach outside of the parameters of North London?

I bounced off her energy, she told she went to a school in Nigeria. Dalia is cultured in the music industry, but in her own Nigeria background as well. She was a fantastic person to interview and it came naturally to us in our dialogue that its time I became a presenter. I should have recorded the whole interview, something for me to improve next time.

It’s always good to get constructive Feedback from the team

“Don’t ever assume or presume in an interview as it can leave you in an awkward position, as in my interview I presumed as a Nigerian she was would be familiar with the work of Nigerian feminist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie”.

Perfect this is something I know for next time, it’s going to build me up to be the best presenter.

I was told by Dalia I am a natural, a massive compliment from someone who has surpassed the boundaries of London and has gone onto international stardom. I cannot wait to see what the world has in store for me.  I am going to pursue a career in journalism and in particular podcasting as well.

I want to say thank you firstly to Dalia Diaz for being a wonderful guest and to Vernaire and Ryan for the information and practical skills we were able to gain.


Thank you team!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

' Finding Worlds Again' An Interview with Solomon Adams

A moment of craziness

Lets transition from the emerging transracial movement creeping into the society